A Better Lemonade Stand is looking for a contract-based project manager to oversee the day-to-day operations of a new project within the company.
Position: Project Manager.
Location: This is a remote contract position.
Reports To: Richard Lazzazera, Founder + Editorial Manager
Compensation: To be negotiated.
Approximate Commitment: This is a month-to-month contract position requiring approximately 5-10 hours per week.
Start Date: Flexible.
We’re the largest independent ecommerce blog serving approximately 300k entrepreneurs each month. Through content like articles, reviews, and digital products, we inspire and educate entrepreneurs all over the world on how to build, launch, and grow their own ecommerce businesses. We’re expanding our scope into a related field of content production and we’re looking for a new team member to take the helm. Learn more about our brand’s core values in our Manifesto.
We’re looking for a driven, fresh, self-directed, and eager individual who is excited about growing a new project from the ground up.
The Project: As A Better Lemonade Stand, we’re expanding the Exclusive Offers section of our website into a new, independent online destination called Ecommerce Warchest. With Ecommerce Warchest operating as an additional branch of the A Better Lemonade Stand brand, we’ll be providing our audience of entrepreneurs with deals, discounts, and offers that they can use to manage and grow their online businesses for less.
Our goal is to grow Ecommerce Warchest into a hub that entrepreneurs come to access the tools they need to run their ecommerce stores at a more affordable rate and also a platform that ecommerce SaaS companies can access to get their apps and services out to their target audience. The successful candidate will be responsible for growing Ecommerce Warchest into this hub and platform where ecommerce entrepreneurs and SaaS companies converge.
With the mentorship and guidance of A Better Lemonade Stand’s founder, the successful candidate will be given a full brief on the project plus the necessary direction and instructions to bring it to fruition. It will then be up to the candidate to oversee the project on a daily basis and bring it to life.
This job role is perfect for a candidate who is looking to gain experience in the ecommerce media industry while working autonomously to bring new ideas to the table, experiment with new strategies, and focus on the growth of a new branch of the business.
The Project Manager’s Responsibilities
- Contacting cold and warm leads (with the help of our own list of contacts but the candidate will be expected to source new contacts as well)
- Maintaining relationships with warm leads
- Inputting information and content into the project’s website
- Determining and defining the project scope and objectives with input and direction from the founder
- Planning new strategies and tactics to improve the growth of the project
- Predicting the resources needed to reach objectives and managing the resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Overseeing analytics and tracking progress to maintain an understanding of which strategies are effective and which are not
- Operating the project’s tasks and strategies with the company’s goals and vision at the forefront
- Providing project updates to the founder on a consistent basis and working with the founder to determine solutions, implement strategies, and review analytics
The Qualifications We’re Looking For
- A relevant area of study is an asset but not a necessity
- Project management experience at any level in any industry is an asset but not a necessity
- A strong interest in growing a brand new project from the ground up and taking the lead to try new things and implement new ideas is essential
- Ability to solve problems autonomously is an asset
- Familiarity with analytics tools, software, and best practices is an asset
- Experience seeing projects through the full lifecycle is essential
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills are important
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team-working attitude is necessary
- Ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline is imperative
- Interest and understanding of ecommerce, online business, and knowledge of the community and industry is an asset
- Enthusiasm to learn and try new things is essential
- Ability to organize, prepare for, and meet deadlines is crucial
- Excellent communication skills are required, particularly when working with clients
- Excellent command of the English language is essential, particularly when writing
What’s In It For You?
The successful candidate will:
- Grow a new project from the ground up with guidance and mentorship from the business’ founder
- Get project management experience with the freedom to work autonomously, try new things, and work towards the company’s vision
- Have the opportunity to work as a part of a small, hard-working team and get to know the behind-the-scenes processes
- Be able to work from anywhere on a flexible schedule
- Have the opportunity to manage additional projects and grow with the company
Think you’re the right candidate for the position? We’d love to review your application! We look forward to receiving your submission.