Read by over 254,150 entrepreneurs monthly, A Better Lemonade Stand has established itself as the go-to blog for new and intermediate online entrepreneurs looking for practical advice, interesting resources, valuable tools and expertise.
A Better Lemonade Stand accepts a limited number of guest post contributions each quarter. If you believe you can provide comprehensive, superior, practical and actionable information, please read on.
Why Guest Blog on A Better Lemonade Stand?
Writing for A Better Lemonade Stand gives you the opportunity to share your knowledge, experience and expertise with passionate ecommerce entrepreneurs that are in the process of building, launching, and growing their online business.
We typically spend $50-$150 promoting posts on several content advertising networks, and all guest posts are shared through our various social media properties, as well as promoted ongoing.
Along with gaining exposure and building your authority as a thought leader in ecommerce, you’ll also receive a valuable backlink to your own website, blog or business.
A Better Lemonade Stand currently serves over 254,150 ecommerce entrepreneurs monthly with an engaged email list of 40,000+.
Topics & Categories Covered
Our content helps entrepreneurs through all stages of building, launching, and growing their ecommerce business.
In particular, the following categories are covered on the blog:
- Product & Niche Selection
- Sourcing Suppliers
- Branding & Design
- Getting Traffic
- Conversion Optimization
- Shipping & Fulfillment
- Operations & Customer Service
- Strategy & Analytics
- Accounting, Finance & Legal
- Interviews & Inspiration
- Personal Development
Tip: Please do a search on A Better Lemonade Stand on your post topic to ensure we haven’t covered the topic previously. This can help the chances of your post being approved. In addition, we encourage you to contact us through our contact page if you have any questions or guidance on topics. Please note though that we cannot guarantee approval of your guest post prior to your submission of your full post.
Guest Post Quality Guidelines
Readers of A Better Lemonade Stand expect high quality, well-researched, actionable information. Guest posts should give the reader as many tips, ideas, links and resources as possible.
Typically, we find that the more resource and multimedia rich the blog post is, the more it’s shared. This means that images, videos, and anything else that enriches the content and the ability to understand the information in the post, is welcomed.
Please review the following as examples:
- The Complete Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization
- Product Photography: The Ultimate DIY Guide
- How To Bulletproof Your Online Business
- Small Business Bookkeeping & Accounting 101
- A Better Brand: Branding Guide
- 2016 New Year’s Resolution Stack
Additional Guidelines & Formatting of Guest Posts
The requirements for guest posting on A Better Lemonade Stand are as follows:
- The content must be well researched, resourceful and engaging
- The content must be original – we review all posts with CopyScape
- The topic must be relevant to ecommerce and entrepreneurship and fit into one of our content topic categories
- The post must be a minimum of 2,500 words
- The post must be submitted in Google Doc format only
- Proper spelling, grammar and sentence structure is imperative
- You may include 1-2 contextual links to your website/tool/product/service/resource within the post itself
- You will also receive one link to your website/tool/product/service/resource in the byline of your article
- All content must be exclusive to A Better Lemonade Stand and cannot be reposted, or syndicated elsewhere (we use CopyScape for automatic and regular review of content being reused on other sites)
- You must include your own byline (approximately 50 words) and author photo at the end of your guest post
- Where possible enhance the post with images, embedded videos or other relevant and engaging media
- Our blog content width is 969 pixels. All full-width images should be delivered at 2x our blog column width (1,938 pixels wide) to ensure they look sharp on retina/high definition displays.
- Please note that all images must be original or appropriately cited
- Please use H2 for all major headings and H4 for sub-headings.
- Failure to comply with any of these requirements may result in delay, rejection or removal of the guest post from A Better Lemonade Stand
- We reserve the right to approve/reject or edit content and links as we see fit
Please note that our illustrator will design a feature image for all guest posts so there’s no need to submit one.
Looking for a Writer for Guest Posting?
We realize there’s a lot of smaller startups out there that are looking for exposure and to do guest posting, but don’t have writers on the team, and don’t even know where to begin to find great writers to write a guest post on their behalf.
Fortunately, we do.
Below is our shortlist of incredibly talented and capable writers that all have all caught our eye, and all have a lot of experience writing about digital marketing and ecommerce.
Please feel free to reach out to them for a quote.
- Kaleigh Moore – https://www.kaleighmoore.com
- Julia Gifford – http://truesix.co
- Allie Decker – https://www.alliedecker.com
- Elise Dopson – https://www.elisedopson.co.uk/
- Cameron McCool – http://damngoodwriters.com/
- Ariel Rule – https://arielrule.com
- Francesca Nicasio – https://www.francescanicasio.com/
- Maddy Osman – https://www.the-blogsmith.com/
The Tone of the ABLS Brand
Please consider our tone of voice when crafting your guest post.
Validated & Vetted – One of our top priorities at ABLS is that all tools, services and resources recommended in our posts must be validated and vetted by us personally, or by trusted members of our team, in order to ensure we’re producing quality content for our readers. We do not endorse the recommendation of mediocre tools, services and resources, and stand firm behind our standards. If we wouldn’t use it, we don’t recommend it to our readers.
Curated – There are so many tools, services and resources on the market that we pride ourselves in curating the best out there so our readers can skip the poor quality ones and spend their time, money and energy on the best quality ones. Building an ecommerce store without knowing the best resources for the job can cost an entrepreneur valuable time and money, so we make an effort to curate the best of the best.
Quality vs. Quantity – At all times we strive to produce the best quality content while recommending the best quality resources. At no point will you find us using or promoting poor quality resources to produce a larger quantity of content. If it’s not a quality post that promotes quality information and resources, it doesn’t get posted.
Actionable & Practical – The information we present to our readers must be actionable and practical. It’s important to us that our readers obtain actionable advice that’s also practical so they can better their businesses. We only project a realistic portrayal of entrepreneurship to our readers and refrain from promoting unattainable results.
Resource Rich – Every single piece of content we produce must be rich with resources to both help our readers become more informed about ecommerce and to help them run their own businesses better. Each resource must provide an immense amount of value, it must be relevant, and it must be vetted by us.
Comprehensive – We don’t withhold anything from our readers, we tell them everything we know in every piece of content we post. It’s extremely important to us that every post is as comprehensive as it can be so that our readers can learn as much as possible and gain as much insight as they possibly can about ecommerce.
Authentic Use of Language – We don’t sugarcoat things and we definitely aren’t in the business of promoting spam or click-bait. We ensure that every post speaks authentically to our readers, with no unnecessary or misleading messages that detract from our main purpose: to provide the absolute highest quality ecommerce information available on the internet.
Valuable – We appreciate our reader’s time and attention and strive to make sure every post provides immense value for them and their businesses. All of the information, tools and resources in each post must provide value that our readers can learn from and apply to their businesses.
Sharing Experience – Every person has their own unique set of skills and in order for all of us to improve our businesses we think it’s important to share experiences with others. Ecommerce entrepreneurs are required to complete so many different jobs whether it be related to finance, marketing, developing, copywriting, photography, customer service, operations management, human resources, etc, so in order for us all to succeed we need to be able to share and learn from other’s experiences.
Instilling Passion – Above all, ABLS is about motivating people to become entrepreneurs by giving them all the information, tools and resources to get them started and help them grow. We’re passionate about entrepreneurship and we think it’s important for everyone to try it out for themselves, so every single one of our posts aims to instill that same passion within others.
Who We Accept Guest Posts From
Please note that we only accept guest blog posts from well-established industry professionals/companies. We do not accept submissions from freelance writers, or others that are not deeply involved and connected to the ecommerce and online business community.
Submission & Approval Process
If you have a post that meets or exceeds the criteria above and are interested in submitting a post for consideration, please do so through our contact page. On the contact page, be sure to select ‘Guest Post Submission’ under ‘Purpose of Contact’.
Once submitted, your post will be reviewed within 7 business days and you’ll be notified by email on the decision.
If your post requires minor revisions we will let you know, however, posts that do not fit our audience, or deemed to not meet our editorial standards and guidelines won’t be approved.