Read by over 44,794 entrepreneurs monthly, A Better Lemonade Stand has established itself as the go-to blog for new and intermediate online entrepreneurs looking for practical advice, interesting resources, valuable tools, and expertise.
A Better Lemonade Stand accepts a limited number of guest post contributions each quarter. If you believe you can provide comprehensive, superior, practical, and actionable information, please read on.
Why Guest Blog on A Better Lemonade Stand?
Writing for A Better Lemonade Stand gives you the opportunity to share your knowledge, experience, and expertise with passionate ecommerce entrepreneurs who are in the process of building, launching, and growing their online businesses.
In addition, we typically spend around $50-$150 promoting posts on several content advertising networks, and all guest posts are shared through our various social media properties, as well as promoted on an ongoing basis.
Along with gaining exposure and building your authority as a thought leader in ecommerce, you’ll also receive a valuable backlink to your own website, blog, or business.
A Better Lemonade Stand currently serves over 44,794 ecommerce entrepreneurs monthly with an engaged email list of 20,000+.
Topics & Categories Covered
Our content helps entrepreneurs through all stages of building, launching, and growing their ecommerce businesses.
In particular, the following categories are covered on the blog:
- Product & Niche Selection
- Sourcing Suppliers
- Branding & Design
- Getting Traffic
- Conversion Optimization
- Shipping & Fulfillment
- Operations & Customer Service
- Strategy & Analytics
- Accounting, Finance & Legal
- Interviews & Inspiration
- Personal Development
Note: Before submitting your guest post, please conduct a search of your topic on A Better Lemonade Stand’s blog to ensure that we haven’t already covered the topic. This can help the chances of your post being approved. In addition, we encourage you to contact us through our Contact page if you have any questions or need any guidance on topics. Please note, however, that even if we advise on your topic, we still cannot guarantee approval of your guest post prior to the submission of your full post.
Guest Post Quality Guidelines
Readers of A Better Lemonade Stand expect high-quality, well-researched, actionable information. Guest posts should give the reader as many tips, ideas, links, and resources as possible.
Typically, we find that the more resource- and multimedia-rich the blog post is, the more it’s shared. This means that images, videos, and anything else that enriches the content and the ability to understand the information in the post, are welcomed.
Please review the following as examples:
- How to Successfully Sell on Amazon
- The Fast Guide to Optimizing Your Online Store
- The Beginner’s Guide to Getting Your Brand on TikTok
- How to Add a Contact Form to Your Shopify Store
- How to Buy a Domain Name: .STORE Domain Ecommerce Launch Guide
- Product Photography: The Ultimate DIY Guide
- Small Business Bookkeeping & Accounting 101
Additional Guidelines & Formatting of Guest Posts
The requirements for guest posting on A Better Lemonade Stand are as follows:
- The content must be well researched, resourceful and engaging
- The content must be original—we review all posts with Copyscape
- The topic must be relevant to ecommerce and entrepreneurship and fit into one of our content topic categories
- The post must be a minimum of 2,500 words
- The post must be submitted in Google Doc format only
- Proper spelling, grammar, and sentence structure is imperative
- You may include 1-2 contextual links to your website/tool/product/service/resource within the post itself
- You will also receive one link to your website/tool/product/service/resource in the byline of your article
- All content must be exclusive to A Better Lemonade Stand and cannot be reposted, or syndicated elsewhere (we use Copyscape for automatic and regular review of content being reused on other sites)
- You must include your own byline (approximately 50 words) and author photo at the end of your guest post
- Where possible, enhance the post with images, embedded videos, or other relevant and engaging media
- Our blog content width is 969 pixels. All full-width images should be delivered at 2x our blog column width (1,938 pixels wide) to ensure they look sharp on retina/high definition displays.
- Please note that all images must be original or appropriately cited
- Please use H2 for all major headings and H4 for sub-headings.
- Failure to comply with any of these requirements may result in delay, rejection, or removal of the guest post from A Better Lemonade Stand
- We reserve the right to approve, reject, or edit content and links as we see fit
- Please note that our illustrator will design a feature image for all guest posts so there’s no need to submit one
- All sponsored articles will be clearly marked as sponsored content, and the sponsor will be transparently named
The Tone of the ABLS Brand
Please consider our tone of voice when crafting your guest post.
Validated & Vetted: One of our top priorities at ABLS is that all tools, services, and resources recommended in our posts must be validated and vetted by us personally, or by trusted members of our team, in order to ensure we’re producing quality content for our readers. We do not endorse the recommendation of mediocre tools, services, and resources, and stand firm behind our standards. If we wouldn’t use it, we don’t recommend it to our readers.
Curated: There are so many tools, services, and resources on the market that we pride ourselves in curating the best out there so our readers can skip the poor quality ones and spend their time, money, and energy on the best quality ones. Building an ecommerce store without knowing the best resources for the job can cost an entrepreneur valuable time and money, so we make an effort to curate the best of the best.
Quality vs. Quantity: At all times we strive to produce the best quality content while recommending the best quality resources. At no point will you find us using or promoting poor quality resources to produce a larger quantity of content. If it’s not a quality post that promotes quality information and resources, it doesn’t get posted.
Actionable & Practical: The information we present to our readers must be actionable and practical. It’s important to us that our readers obtain actionable advice that’s also practical so they can better their businesses. We only project a realistic portrayal of entrepreneurship to our readers and refrain from promoting unattainable results.
Resource Rich: Every single piece of content we produce must be rich with resources to both help our readers become more informed about ecommerce and to help them run their own businesses better. Each resource must provide an immense amount of value, it must be relevant, and it must be vetted by us.
Comprehensive: We don’t withhold anything from our readers, we tell them everything we know in every piece of content we post. It’s extremely important to us that every post is as comprehensive as it can be so that our readers can learn as much as possible and gain as much insight as they possibly can about ecommerce.
Authentic Use of Language: We don’t sugarcoat things and we definitely aren’t in the business of promoting spam or click-bait. We ensure that every post speaks authentically to our readers, with no unnecessary or misleading messages that detract from our main purpose: to provide the absolute highest quality ecommerce information available on the internet.
Valuable: We appreciate our reader’s time and attention and strive to make sure every post provides immense value for them and their businesses. All of the information, tools, and resources in each post must provide value that our readers can learn from and apply to their businesses.
Sharing Experience: Every person has their own unique set of skills and in order for all of us to improve our businesses we think it’s important to share experiences with others. Ecommerce entrepreneurs are required to complete so many different jobs whether it be related to finance, marketing, developing, copywriting, photography, customer service, operations management, human resources, etc, so in order for us all to succeed we need to be able to share and learn from other’s experiences.
Instilling Passion: Above all, ABLS is about motivating people to become entrepreneurs by giving them all the information, tools, and resources to get them started and help them grow. We’re passionate about entrepreneurship and we think it’s important for everyone to try it out for themselves, so every single one of our posts aims to instill that same passion within others.
Looking for a Guest Post Writer?
We recognize that our guest posting standards are demanding and that some companies may not have the writers on their team or the experience to create the kind of content that we’re looking for. If that’s the case, we encourage you to hire one of our recommended writers to create the content for you instead.
Below is a list of incredibly talented and capable writers that all have a lot of experience writing about digital marketing and ecommerce. These writers are familiar with both our content and our standards, and if you work with one of these writers to create content exclusively for our blog, we’ll automatically accept the article for publishing. (Note that the article will still undergo our standard in-house formatting and editing process.)
To work with one of these writers, please reach out to them for a quote and their availability:
- Kaleigh Moore: https://www.kaleighmoore.com
- Maddy Osman: https://www.the-blogsmith.com
- Allie Decker: https://www.alliedecker.com
- Elise Dopson: https://www.elisedopson.co.uk
- Cameron McCool: http://damngoodwriters.com
- Ariel Rule: https://arielrule.com
- Francesca Nicasio: https://www.francescanicasio.com
If you have any questions about this process, please feel free to reach out to us.
Who We Accept Guest Posts From
Please note that we only accept guest blog posts from well-established industry professionals/companies or our recommended writers. We do not accept submissions from freelance writers or others who are not deeply involved and connected to the ecommerce and online business community.
The Submission & Approval Process
If you have a post that meets or exceeds the criteria above and are interested in submitting it for consideration, please do so through our Contact page. On the Contact page, be sure to select the Guest Post Submission option in the Purpose of Contact field.
Once submitted, your post will be reviewed within 7 business days and you’ll be notified by email of the decision.
If your post requires minor revisions we will let you know—however, posts that aren’t a good fit for our audience, or posts that don’t meet our editorial standards and guidelines, won’t be approved.