Choosing products to sell online can be one of the most daunting aspects of building an online business. If you’re like most people, you have a few ideas but you’re not sure how to evaluate them. This infographic will help you choose and evaluate products to sell online with 20 questions and considerations to recognize opportunity and avoid pitfalls.
If you enjoy this infographic, I highly suggest you check out my other post that goes into detail on each of the evaluation criteria listed in this post:
Enjoy and please share!
How To Choose Products To Sell Online
1. Q. What is the potential market size?
2. Q. What does the competitive landscape look like?
3. Q. Is this product/niche a trend, a fad, growing, or flat market?
4. Q. Does this product/niche have local availability?
5. Q. Who are my target consumers?
6. Q. What is the potential markup?
7. Q. What is the potential selling price?
8. Q. How many different SKUs do I need to manage?
9. Q. Can I re-sell to the same customers with a subscription?
10. Q. What is the size and weight of my products?
11. Q. How durable or fragile is my product?
12. Q. Will my niche suffer from seasonality?
13. Q. Does my product/niche solve a pain point or serve a passion?
14. Q. What will my product/market/niche obsolescence look like?
15. Q. Is my product consumable or disposable?
16. Q. Does my product have a shelf life, what is its perishability?
17. Q. Do my products or market have any restriction or regulations?
18. Q. Will I be able to scale this product/niche/business?
19. Q. Can I sell/position this product better than my competitors?
20. Q. Am I passionate about this product/market/niche?