Choosing the perfect product to sell online can be one of the most daunting and challenging aspects of starting an online business. If you’re like most people, you likely have a few product ideas but you aren’t sure how to figure out whether they’re the right products to sell online or not. This infographic will help you evaluate your product ideas by suggesting important questions and considerations to ask yourself so you can recognize potential opportunities and pitfalls in your product.
If you enjoy this infographic, check out these other resources to expand on each evaluation criteria listed in this post:
- Reverse Engineering the Perfect Ecommerce Product
- 500 Ecommerce Niches: Find the Perfect Ecommerce Niche Market
Without further ado, enjoy this infographic on How to Choose Products to Sell Online and don’t forget to share it!
How to Choose Products to Sell Online
Evaluate every product idea by this set of criteria to determine whether it’s a viable product idea to successfully sell online:
Bonus: Want a more interactive product evaluation experience? Try our Instant Product Evaluator Tool! Log your response to each of these questions within the tool and then submit your answers to be reviewed. The Instant Product Evaluator Tool will then instantly analyze your product ideas’ strengths and weaknesses and present you with a score between 1-100 to indicate your product ideas’ potential success.
Looking for more product ideas to run through this product idea evaluation process? Check out these articles to find ideas for products to sell online:
- Trending Products: Finding the Perfect Niche Products & Markets to Sell Online
- How to Start a Clothing Line: Your Complete Guide to Design, Sampling, Production & Packaging
- 31 Ecommerce Products You Can Make Yourself (+ Resources for 293 More)
- How to Make Custom Phone Cases to Sell Online: The Complete Guide
- Step-by-Step: How to Start 11 Different Types of Ecommerce Businesses
- How I Built An Online T-Shirt Business In 24 Hours With $24 That Made $347 The First Day (And How You Can Too)
Evaluated your product idea and ready to start sourcing products? Use these resources to find suppliers for your product idea!
- Drop Shipping Suppliers Directory
- Manufacturer Directory (USA Based)
- Clothing Manufacturer Directory (USA Based)
- Wholesale Suppliers Directory
- Private Label Manufacturers Directory
Once you’ve evaluated your product ideas using the information from each section of the infographic, you should have a better knowledge of your products’ strengths and weaknesses, any challenges you might face along the way when sourcing, shipping or selling your products and any other pitfalls your products may possess. The more information you have about your product ideas before you start investing time, energy and capital into developing them, the better, so take your time evaluating your product ideas and do it more than once if necessary.