Join me on an exciting adventure at A Better Lemonade Stand, and become the Virtual Assistant for my Digital Entrepreneurship Newsletter. Working closely with me, you’ll immerse yourself in the dynamic universe of digital innovation, dedicating 10-15 hours a week.
Are you an adventurer, adept in organization, research, writing, and tech-savvy with tools like Airtable?
Are you driven by an insatiable curiosity?
Then this role is for you.
Your journey with me will include a spectrum of tasks like content curation, research, and creative execution.
Here’s what you need to know:
Position: Virtual Assistant for Digital Entrepreneurship Newsletter
Commitment: This is a part-time (approx. 10-15 hours/week), hourly role ripe with potential for growth.
About A Better Lemonade Stand: Learn more about A Better Lemonade Stand and Richard here.
About You: You Are a Generalist
Your flexibility and adaptability are key, as your tasks will be diverse and continually evolving.
- Exceptional organizational abilities (Seriously, you will be organizing content for both of us)
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Efficient problem-solving skills
- Flexibility with rapid changes and disorganized direction
- An ability to work independently, actively seeking solutions, but knowing when to seek advice
- A quick and accurate understanding, review, and categorization of diverse types of information/content
- High attention to detail
- Familiarity with apps such as Airtable, Notion, Slack, Zapier
- Proficiency in basic photo editing, writing, and editing
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Creativity & Innovation:
- Ability to balance high-speed ideas and execution
- Expertise in short-form storytelling with a focus on digital media
- Insatiably curious about emerging tech and culture
- Ability to translate complexity into simplicity
- Adaptive to the ambiguity of startup life
- Kind, good-humored, curious, and free-thinking disposition
One-time Onboarding Tasks:
- Review and internalize brand materials, tone of voice, and target market.
- Subscribe to all relevant newsletters I follow.
- Familiarize yourself with the Beehiiv Academy: Beehiiv Academy
General Tasks & Ongoing Responsibilities:
- Build out and update internal documentation in Notion (Workflows, Processes, etc.).
- Organize and categorize research, content, links, and more, ensuring everything is kept in the right place and format.
- Review various newsletters to extract and categorize the most relevant, timely content.
- Organize saved content into Research Silos and the Weekly Airtable Newsletter Review.
- Research additional relevant content in digital assets, online business models, AI, no-code, etc.
- Draft, prepare, and edit the weekly email newsletter using pre-approved content (1,500 to 2,000 words).
- Create high-quality images for the weekly newsletter, consistent with the brand style.
- Brainstorm newsletter topic ideas, maintain a database of apps in Airtable, and suggest automations to streamline tasks and workflows.
Join me if you’re ready to:
- Be at the cutting edge of digital entrepreneurship.
- Engage with AI, no-code, and automation tools.
- Serve a vibrant community of ambitious creators and entrepreneurs.
Are you up for the challenge?
To apply, email me and tell me about yourself (300 words max or a 3-minute video):
- Who are you?
- What’s your story?
- What relevant work have you created?
- What excites you about AI, no-code, A Better Lemonade Stand?
- What else do you want me to know?
- Links to relevant portfolio, work, or socials.
No resumes. No cops.