When you’re building your first ecommerce business, sourcing inventory can be one of the most difficult parts of the process. For most first time entrepreneurs, we suggest starting a business through dropshipping as it’s one of the easiest, lowest risk and yet still rewarding way to start a business. To help you source inventory for your drop shipping business we put together this list of the 10 best Shopify dropshipping apps you can use to acquire inventory for your ecommerce business, and we highly recommend you check out these apps for your own store.
If you’re new to drop shipping and want to learn more about it, we recommend checking out our Dropshipping 101: What is Dropshipping guide as it will give you important insight into the drop shipping business model as a whole
Without further ado, let’s learn more about these top 10 best Shopify dropshipping apps.
Oberlo is an app that’s been specifically and exclusively designed for the Shopify platform to help entrepreneurs easily upload products directly to their Shopify store from the AliExpress website or the Oberlo marketplace.
By using the Oberlo Shopify dropshipping app you have an entire library of products to choose from at various price points – ranging from apparel, electronics, accessories, toys and more – plus you’re able to dropship them directly to your customers which means you don’t have to manage or handle inventory at any point and you don’t have to ship the products, either. Because Oberlo integrates directly with Shopify, the entire process of selecting, selling and shipping products is entirely automated and takes little work on your part.
Check out Oberlo’s pricing plans here.
- Starter Plan: Free
- Up to 500 products
- Up to 50 orders/month
- Basic Plan: $29.90/month
- Up to 10,000 products
- Up to 500 orders/month
- Pro Plan: $79.90.month
- Up to 30,000 products
- Unlimited orders/month
Advantages of Using the Oberlo App
- The app is simple to use and has a well designed interface
- Users can import goods from the Oberlo marketplace & AliExpress straight to their website with just a few clicks
- Designed specifically for the Shopify platform so it integrates seamlessly
- Your customer’s orders are fulfilled automatically and shipped on your behalf, directly to your customer
- No inventory management or product stock required
- Customize products as you wish – change product photos, re-title the products, write your own product descriptions and more
- Change suppliers as you see fit – there are many suppliers on the Oberlo marketplace & AliExpress and you can easily switch between them
- Plenty of resources such as the Oberlo Blog to help new store owners learn exactly how to set up a store and Oberlo Success Stories that share how others have set up their stores
- You have the option to purchase an Oberlo store from the Shopify Exchange Marketplace if you don’t want to build one from scratch
Disdvantages of Using the Oberlo App
- Each product must be added manually to your Shopify store
- You can only source products from the Oberlo marketplace & AliExpress (NOT Alibaba)
- Oberlo is only available on the Shopify ecommerce platform
It’s no secret that we’re huge fans of Printful around here, as we’ve published an entire Printful Review and we’ve even featured them as a main contender in our How to Start a Clothing Line post. We love them because they consistently provide great products and great service, and we highly recommend them if you’re looking for a Shopify dropshipping app that can help you create an expansive inventory of high quality products for your store.
With every product that Printful offers, whether it be t-shirts, sweaters, leggings, pillows, tote bags, socks, hats, custom phone cases, beach blankets and more, you’re able to print exactly what you want on them and sell them directly to your customers. Printful provides the products, you provide the designs to print on the products, and Printful will print them and ship the orders directly to your customers automatically. There’s no need for you to manually fulfill orders or send Printful your design every times it’s ordered; everything is saved online so it’s fulfilled automatically every time.
It’s completely free to use the Printful app no matter how many products you sync to your store or how many orders you get per month. There’s no monthly membership or any other types of fees, you simply pay for the products you sell when your customers make an order.
Advantages of Using the Printful App
- Printful handles all the printing, fulfilling and shipping so you don’t have to
- They have a wide range of products to choose from – check out Printful’s product selection here
- They integrate directly to your Shopify store so orders are sent automatically, you can manage your customer’s orders in one dashboard and you don’t have to manually forward orders
- They offer tracked shipping for all products
- They provide an on-site mockup generator so you can see exactly how your designs will look on their products
- They provide lots of help & information in their Printful FAQ section so you can set your store up easily
- They provide branding services to help customize and personalize your dropshipped products and enhance your customer’s unboxing experience
Disadvantages of Using the Printful App
- Their product selection is tailored to the apparel, accessories and homeware goods categories only
- Although some branding options, they are limited (you can’t use your own boxes, poly-mailers, tissue paper or anything beyond what customizations they offer)
- Some products, such as the framed posters or canvases, may not ship to every country
As we covered in our MXED Review, this new Shopify dropshipping app is one of the most exciting app launches we’ve seen this year. Many entrepreneurs are interested in sourcing licensed pop-culture merchandise such as products from the Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel and Pokemon franchises, but sourcing and selling these products legally can be hard to do. Luckily, one of the leading worldwide suppliers of licensed pop-culture merchandise partnered up with a USA based fulfillment company to bring us MXED, which enables entrepreneurs with the opportunity to dropship licensed pop-culture products directly to their customers, legally.
These products are already in high demand and there’s a huge market for them, so it’s definitely worth checking out what MXED has to offer
MXED offers three pricing tiers:
- Noob: $0/month
- 10 products & 20 orders per month
- Pro: $49/month
- 250 products, 500 orders per month
- Expert: $99/month
- 500 products, unlimited orders per month + early access to new features, multiple user accounts and messaging capabilities.
Advantages of Using the MXED App
- Products provided by a leading supplier of officially licensed pop-culture merchandise
- Sell official merchandise legally without infringing on registered trademarks
- Wide selection of product inventory from various popular movie, TV & video game franchises
- These products are already in high demand & there’s a vetted market of customers
- MXED app integrates directly with Shopify
- No shipping, fulfillment or logistics required
- No inventory management
- MXED automatically receives orders through the app and can begin fulfilling the order
- Automatic pricing and inventory updates
Disadvantages of Using the MXED App
- Only integrates with the Shopify ecommerce platform
- Their products are only available through dropshipping, no wholesaling or manufacturing
Modalyst is a powerful supplier of dropshipped products simply because they provide such a wide selection of ready-made products from high quality, independant brands around the globe. The products available to sell on Modalyst include men’s and women’s apparel, shoes, bags, bridalwear, children’s clothes, plus-sized fashion, homewares, beauty and accessories, and there are thousands of products to choose from. Modalyst integrates directly with your Shopify store so you can add products with just one click and they help you manage orders, track inventory, and pricing changes are updated automatically.
Modalyst offers a 14 day free trial and only one membership plan:
- $35/month: Includes all features
- Real-time data feeds
- All images, product descriptions and pricing
- Communication with the brands
- Shopping cart integrations
- Inventory level notifications
- Product order tracking
- No minimum orders
- This membership is a yearly contract that can either be paid in monthly installments ($35/month) or upfront ($360)
Advantages of Using the Modalyst App
- No upfront inventory costs
- No minimum orders
- Free shipping for select brands
- Order tracking for all products
- Communicate directly with their independent brands
- Easily add and remove products from your Shopify store with just one click
- Work with hundreds of brands but manage them easily through one dashboard
- Huge selection of products to choose from
Disadvantages of Using the Modalyst App
- When a customer makes an order on your site, the seller will be notified through Modalyst and they can start preparing the item to be shipped but before they ship the item, however, you will have to purchase the product on Modalyst from the seller. This means that the process is not entirely automated and may be time consuming depending on how many orders you receive.
- You are expected to sell products at the manufacturer’s suggested retailing price (MSRP) but can negotiate with the brands on an individual basis if you would like to change your selling price.
- You are required to pay the brand 60% of each product’s MSRP, regardless of your selling price, when placing an order on Modalyst. The remaining 40% of the MSRP is your revenue.
- As each brand on Modalyst is independent, shipping times and costs will vary.
- The Modalyst app operates by a yearly contract that can be paid in monthly installments or upfront.
Kite is a Shopify app that works similarly to Printful in that they provide products for you to print your own photos or designs on and they ship the products directly to your customers, however, they provide a slightly different product offering than Printful does. Their product offering includes apparel, homeware, phone & tablet cases, towels, flip flops, photobooks, greeting cards, invitations, stickers, wall art and more, and they don’t actually own or manage the inventory themselves, they simply partner directly with the companies that manufacture, print and fulfill the orders so you get the fastest service.
Installing the Kite app in your Shopify is free. There is no membership payments or any other such related fees, they only charge the user when their customer makes an order. There are also no minimum orders as they print on demand.
Advantages of Using the Kite App
- No minimum orders
- Free to use the app
- Worldwide shipping
- Wide selection of products – check out Kite’s product selection here
- Printing on demand
- Dropship directly to your customers
- View your reports & sales directly in the Kite app
- Help and information specifically for Shopify stores via Kite’s Shopify FAQ page
Disadvantages of Using the Kite App
- As the products are sourced from different suppliers, there may be disjointed or slow shipping times for customers
- They only offer tracked shipping for some products and only on an opt-in basis
Spocket is a Shopify dropshipping app that enables you to search and connect directly with Etsy sellers to help you build an inventory of handmade goods for your ecommerce store. With Etsy’s 8 million+ products, there’s plenty to choose from to build out a store that fits your niche and serves your customer’s interests. Simply install the Spocket app on your Shopify store, search through the catalogue of Etsy products, contact the seller to ensure you can resell their product on your own site and once you have their permission then you’re free to list it on your own site. The main catch with using Spocket is that you have to have the Etsy seller’s permission to sell the product on your site so you must communicate with the seller directly.
Spocket is currently developing their own library of Etsy sellers that have pre-agreed to re-sell their products through the Spocket app which will make sourcing products from Etsy sellers much easier, so keep an eye out for that.
The Spocket app is available in three pricing tiers:
- Basic Plan: Free
- Up to 25 products
- Unlimited orders
- Real-time inventory updates
- Currency exchange
- Global Pricing
- Standard Plan: $29.90/month
- Up to 250 products
- Basic Plan, plus: Real-time shipment tracking
- Professional Plan: $99.90/month
- Unlimited Products
- Standard Plan, plus: Branded invoicing
Advantages of Using the Spocket App
- Choose from the huge range of products available through Etsy
- Sell handmade goods from reputable Etsy sellers
- Import the products directly to your Shopify store easily
- The Etsy seller handles all the inventory, fulfillment and shipping
Disadvantages of Using the Spocket App
- You must communicate with the Etsy sellers directly before selling their product on your store
- There’s no guarantee that the Etsy sellers will agree to letting you sell their product on your store
- Acquiring a selection of products to sell on your store may be difficult depending on the Etsy seller’s compliance
- When the products are shipped to your customers they may or may not have the Etsy store’s branding on them, depending on the arrangement you make with the Etsy seller
- Orders from your customers must be manually sent by you to the Etsy seller
Gooten is a print fulfillment dropshipping service that provides 100+ curated products for you to choose from, add your custom designs or photos onto, and then have them shipped directly to your customers. They handle the entire manufacturing, printing, fulfilling and shipping process so you don’t need to handle any inventory, ever. In terms of inventory, they stock a wide variety of kitchen & bathroom products, accessories, home decor, photobooks, prints, cards, wall art, apparel, pet products and more.
Gooten is a simple platform to use because there’s no initial setup fee and no monthly or yearly membership fees, so: your price – their price = your profit, every time. You only pay for their products when a customer makes a purchase from you.
Advantages to Using the Gooten App
- No minimum orders
- No hidden fees
- Free to use
- Worldwide shipping
- 100+ products to choose from – check out Gooten’s Product Catalog here
- Great customer service
Disadvantages to Using the Gooten App
- No branding services offered
Pillow Profits Fulfillment
Pillow Profits Fulfillment is one of the few Shopify apps that specializes in dropshipping shoes of varying styles, plus other accessory products. In terms of shoes, they supply everything from athletic sneakers to faux fur boots, high heels to flip flops, high tops to low tops, and more. Besides shoes they also supply socks, handbags, totes, bedding and pillow covers. With Pillow Profits Fulfillment you’re able to have your designs printed directly onto all their products to create unique and custom products for your store.
Pillow Profit’s Fulfillment Pricing
Pillow Profits Fulfillment offers a 7 day free trial, but beyond that their service costs $29.99/month to use. In terms of their product pricing, a full list of Pillow Profits Fulfillment products and pricing can be found here. They include the price of shipping their products into the product price itself, so there’s no hidden costs there.
Advantages of Using the Pillow Profits Fulfillment App
- Create custom printed shoes, bedding & accessories
- Free worldwide shipping
- Cost of shipping included in product price
- Easy integration into the Shopify store
- Complete control over your orders to change or edit customer addresses, sizes, or to cancel orders as needed
- Create digital mockups of your designs on their products to use for your store’s product photos and advertising
- Orders placed on your store’s website automatically forward to the Pillow Profits Fulfillment app
- Pillow Profits Fulfillment handles all manufacturing, printing, packaging and shipping
Disadvantages of Using the Pillow Profits Fulfillment App
- Not all countries have tracked order availability
- Only integrates with Shopify stores
- No half sizes available for shoes besides size 7.5
Collective Fab is a massive supplier of fashion and beauty products located in California and they specialize in meeting the constant changing trends and demands of the fashion industry. They possess a catalogue of over 3,500 items which you can curate and add to your Shopify store within a couple of clicks. Included in their inventory of products they carry shoes, clothes, plus sizes, accessories, swimwear and beauty products and all products are shipped directly to your customers, with your business info, from their facility in California.
Collective Fab’s Pricing
Collective Fab offers a 14 day free trial but their main service is membership based, starting at $29.00/month and can be cancelled anytime. This membership includes:
- Access to 6,500+ items
- Blind dropshipping
- Shopify integration
- Automatic inventory updates
- Semi-automatic product ordering
- Automatic tracking information updates
- International shipping
Advantages to Using the Collective Fab App
- User friendly interface
- Multiple channels for help & support
- Wide variety of women’s fashion and beauty products to choose from
- Products warehoused, stocked & shipped in their own facility
- Add products to your Shopify store quickly and easily
- Automatic inventory update ever 4 hours
- You decide your profit margin
- On trend women’s fashion products that are current and in style
Disadvantages to Using the Collective Fab App
- No menswear available
Teelaunch is a print on demand fulfillment company that prints your custom designs on their products. When a customer makes an order on your website they print the product, package it and ship it directly to your customer. With no monthly or annual membership fees required, you only pay for a product when your customer makes a purchase so you never have to meet minimum orders or hold any inventory. Their inventory includes men’s and women’s apparel, tote bags, tapestries, shower curtains, jewellery, phone cases, pet products, kitchen products and more.
With no fee to set up the Teelaunch app and no monthly or annual membership fees, you only pay for each product when you sell the product.
Advantages of Using the Teelaunch App
- Free to use, no membership fees
- No minimum orders
- Wide selection of products – check out Teelaunch’s product selection here
- Teelaunch handles all the printing, packaging and shipping
- No manual work – all orders are processed automatically
- No limit to the amount of products you can stock or your monthly orders
- You choose your profit margin
- Ships worldwide
Disadvantages of Using the Teelaunch App
- No shoes included in the inventory they provide
We hope this roundup of the 10 best Shopify dropshipping apps has provided you with some valuable resources you can use to build your ecommerce business and either create or expand your product offering. These are the best Shopify dropshipping apps that we recommend any entrepreneur to use for their own ecommerce business so check out each one to find the app that works best for your business.